Recipe by ozzygirl
I love this pasta dish. I just saw a similar recipe in a magazine but minus a few of my inclusions. I think its the mustard that gives this the unique taste. I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by mzlee1987
Sooo tasty!!! Hubby even ate the mushrooms without complaint. Didn't have any chilli powder or basil and added a bit of butter to cook the mushrooms and used Philadelphia cooking cream. Will certainly become a regular week night dinner for us!
- 375 g pasta (I use shells, penne or rigatoni)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 200 -250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup of liquid chicken stock
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- olive oil
- shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until cooked, drain and return to the pan.
- In a large frypan, add olive oil and fry the onion until translucent, add chicken, chilli, basil and oregano and cook until browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add chicken stock, cream and mustard and return the chicken and onion mixture to the pan.
- Bring to boil. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickening.
- Add the chicken sauce to the pasta and fold through.
- Top with shaved parmesan cheese.