Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The classic Italian dish goes casual atop a cheesy crust.
- 393.49 g canpillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 354.88 ml onions, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g package fresh portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml sweet marsala wine (chicken broth can be substituted)
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 29.58 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt, if desired
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza crust dough in pan; press dough to edges of pan.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook about 7 minutes, turning frequently, until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet; cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Set aside.
- To same skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the butter.
- Add onions and mushrooms; cook over medium-high heat about 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in wine; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until wine is reduced by half (about 6 tablespoons).
- Stir in whipping cream, parsley, salt, pepper and chicken.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Sprinkle pizza crust with 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over cheeses.
- Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted and crust is golden brown.