1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken Manicotti
1 hr 20 mins
This dish is so unique and wonderful. Everyone, including the kids ask for this over and over. Great Company dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 14 manicotti, uncooked
- 1In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken. (If you want a creamier texture, place the cream cheese, sour cream and chicken in a food chopper) In a small skillet, cook onion in butter until tender; add to chicken mixture. Stuff into manicotti shells. (To make this easier, put mixture into a baggie, seal it up, cut the tip off of corner of bag and pipe into tube.).
- 2In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 2-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese just until melted.
- 3Spread about 1/2 cup cheese sauce in each of two greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. dishes. Top with stuffed shells and remaining sauce.
- 4Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.7
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 229.9 mg
- Sodium 1026.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 46.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: