Recipe by Jewels1965
This dish is so unique and wonderful. Everyone, including the kids ask for this over and over. Great Company dish.
Top Review by Melody Pond 1
I left out the onion and added a little garlic powder and milk to the filling but otherwise made it just as the recipe said. It was really good. My husband, who can't stand sour cream, gobbled it up. I just didn't tell him the ingredients. I think this is my new favorite meal!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 14 manicotti, uncooked
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken. (If you want a creamier texture, place the cream cheese, sour cream and chicken in a food chopper) In a small skillet, cook onion in butter until tender; add to chicken mixture. Stuff into manicotti shells. (To make this easier, put mixture into a baggie, seal it up, cut the tip off of corner of bag and pipe into tube.).
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 2-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese just until melted.
- Spread about 1/2 cup cheese sauce in each of two greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. dishes. Top with stuffed shells and remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.