Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy warm treat which is guaranteed to fill you up, served with salad if you wish. Easy and simple to make, a very good end to a weekday. I think people should eat more chicken livers- their "strong" flavour is turned into a creamy meaty taste which you can't get enough of in this dish. One of the reasons I joined this site was to share this dish. Photo will be uploaded when made again (very soon I'd imagine!)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 350 g chicken livers
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can dry white wine (8oz)
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 500 g tagliatelle pasta noodles (fresh tends to be better)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onions.
- Next, add in the raw chicken livers and leave to cook for about 5-10 minutes until they are nicely browned.
- Add in a couple of twists of pepper and salt, herbs and the courgette. Pour in the white wine and next the double cream to give it it's sauce. Leave for about 20 minutes simmering, as you want the sauce to reduce a bit to make it more flavourful.
- Place the tagliatelle in boiling water usually taking 3-5 minutes to cook. (I sometimes add olive oil in the pasta after it's been cooked just to give it some extra flavour.
- You could add in all kinds of vegetables in this dish, so it means you don't necessarily need a side dish of veggies).