Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy dish to whip up for a delicious, quick dinner.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed or cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- parmesan cheese
- Begin cooking linguine according to package directions.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil and cubed chicken to large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken from skillet, set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, garlic and mushrooms to skillet, saute until soft- approximately 3 minutes.
- Whisk in flour, basil crushed red pepper, and pepper until thoroughly incorporated.
- Slowly stir in evaporated milk; bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add sour cream and peas; Cook 2 minutes.
- Combine linguine and chicken with sauce just until heated.
- Garnish with green onions and shredded parmesan cheese.
We loved this - very easy and delicious. The only change I made was to use evaporated skim milk since I had that on hand. Yummy. Can't wait to eat the leftovers today!
My family loved this, quick and easy..I didnt have any linguine so used spaghetti instead. Will be a regular for us, thanks for posting =)
I did not care for this recipe very much. II tried adding a bit af salt to add flavor, and also some additional flour as otherwise it was very watery with only 1 tsp of flour. I wonder if it should be 1 Tablespoon? Anyway, I would not make it again.