1 hr 20 mins
My dh can only eat chicken and turkey. All beef makes him ill, he isn't overly fond of fish. Other meats... well suffice it to say he won't touch. So in viewing my recipes you'll see a plethera of chicken recipes. I'm always striving to find something new. He has 3 response levels to new recipe's 1. I didn't like that (insert reason) 2. He doesn't say anything, when asked ... oh oh it was fine (or good) 3. OMG that was so great, and he eats it like there is no tomorrow. This got a thumbs up from one of the pickiest eaters i've ever met. This is adapted for my OAMC needs. It's a little time consuming but definitely worth the work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups heavy cream
- 6 carrots, sliced (slice diagonally for presentation if desired)
- 1 head broccoli, washed and most of the stems cut off, just keeping the flowerettes
- fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook chicken breasts and cut into small cubes (less than 1/2 inch).
- 3Cook noodles in boiling water until almost done, Drain and rinse in cold water, Lay flat on baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap while you make sauce.
- 4Cook onion in butter in large pan for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- 5Add flour and stir over low heat for another minute.
- 6Stir in dried herbs and chicken.
- 7Slowly add stock and milk or cream, Boil for about 1 minute.
- 8Add carrots and broccoli, cook for 5 minutes.
- 9Salt,pepper and add crushed red pepper to taste.
- 10Spray 2 13x10 inch baking pans with no stick spray.
- 11Put enough sauce in the bottom of the pans to just cover.
- 12Start assembling, 1/4 noodles, 1/4 sauce, 1/4 cheese making 2 layers. Add a little basil and crushed red pepper to the top for looks if desired.
- 13Cover with foil and bake until bubbling (about 40 minutes).
- 14Uncover and brown for about 5 minutes to brown top slightly.
- 15Let stand about 20 minutes before cutting and placing in containers to freeze.
- 16After reading the comments I tried some things. The egg noodles as well as penne pasta worked really well. The type of pasta I used determined the amount of sauce that was left obviously. Just experiment to see what works for you. Using egg noodles or penne seriously cuts the time on this way back. Using frozen carrot/broccoli blends works great too, to cut back on time. Both of those alterations didn't change much, though the frozen veggies changed a little bit of the "fresh" taste in my opinion. If you're doing a day long OAMC marathon, these minor changes might make a big difference. As for the sauce, I think the elevation and dryness of the flour affect the sauce, so does oven temperature Like one reviewer said the sauce thickens as it stands.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Lasagna - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 425.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 32.1 g