1 hr 45 mins
In 'The Pastry Queen Christmas'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ground nutmeg, a pinch
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- 2Make the sauce: in a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Add in onion, celery, mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic; saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper; remove from heat and set aside.
- 5In a large saute pan or stockpot, melt the butter over med-low heat.
- 6Whisk in the flour 1/2 cup at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth.
- 7Add the chicken stock 1 cup at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth.
- 8Increase the heat to medium and cook the sauce until it thickens to the consistency of a cream soup.
- 9Stir in the cream, Parmesan, Tabasco, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; heat until the cheese is completely melted.
- 10Stir in the sauteed vegetables and remove from the heat.
- 11In a large pot of boiling water, cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain the noodles and separate them.
- 12Spread a thin layer of cream sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- 13Layer 5 lasagna noodles on top, then layer with half of the chicken, 1 cup of jack cheese, and 1/3 remaining cream sauce.
- 14Layer 5 more noodles on top and continue with the rest of the chicken, 1 cup jack cheese, and 1/3 of the cream sauce.
- 15Layer on the last 5 noodles and cover them with the remaining cream sauce.
- 16Mix together the Parmesan and remaining cup of jack cheese.
- 17Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the lasagna.
- 18Bake 30-45 minutes, until the lasagna is bubbling.
- 19Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1176.2
- Calories from Fat 692
- Total Fat 76.9 g
- Saturated Fat 39.7 g
- Cholesterol 250.4 mg
- Sodium 1719.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 54.9 g