Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
After making my chicken enchiladas, I tried to find a way to make it into a lasagna by making a few adjustments. It is so good and creamy and a change from the ordinary lasagna. This can be made lowfat. The one hour cooking time includes cooking noodles, chicken, soup mixture and baking lasagna.
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked to directions
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped real fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray pan with Pam.
- In frypan heat oil. Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is tender.
- Add chicken, parsley and italian seasoning.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Mix cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, egg and mushroom in bowl.
- In saucepan, combine soup and sour cream over low heat. Mix well. If too thick add a little milk.
- In baking pan, spread 2 spoonfuls of soup mixture on bottom of pan.
- Place 3 noodles on top.
- Spread 1/3 chicken over noodles.
- Spread 1/2 cottage cheese mixture over chicken.
- Spread 1/3 of soup mixture over cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over top.
- Repeat layer one more time.
- On third layer: Place 3 noodles on top. Spread remaining chicken and then remaining soup mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.