This is from trial errors of several chicken lasagna recipes. I mixed, and altered until I came up with this. We love it.
- 1 (12 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces broccoli, cooked and finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cooking spray inside of large baking dish (13x9x2).
- Cool and drain noodles.
- In a bowl, take cheeses (keep a little mozzarella out for the very top), with 3 eggs.
- In another pan- melt butter.
- Cook chopped green pepper and onion in butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk, soup, pepper, basil.
- Put of the soup mixture in the bottom of baking dish to help from sticking.
- Line a single layer of noodles in baking dish.
- Take cheese mixture and spread on top of the layer of noodles. (if your spread needs to be thinner, add a little milk to cheese spread).
- Sprinkle some chopped broccoli on top next.
- Put soup mixture on top.
- Repeat layers until you are to the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, take out and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese on top is a melted.
This is a yummy chicken lasagna with a nice blend of flavors. I am not a big fan of condensed soups because of the salt and flavor but with enough other yummy ingredients, it can work out pretty well. Even the picky eater thought it was pretty good. Thanks for the recipe.