Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Good for leftover turkey or chicken.
- 4 lbs chicken, cooked, deboned and shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce Italian salad dressing mix, dry
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup corn, kernels
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Add all ingredients to crock pot except cream cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add cream cheese and cook for 45 minutes on low.
- Stir well and remove chicken and vegetables to bowl.
- Place sauce in gravy bowl to pour on top of chicken.
My husband really liked this dish. I served it with brown rice that I made with chicken broth. Four pounds of chicken meat seemed like a huge amount for 8 servings. I used 3 very large boneless, skinless breasts (about 3 lbs) which I browned and then sliced into 1/2 inch x 2 inch pieces. We ate, my picky kids didn't, and we saved the leftovers for the next day. It should be even better tomorrow. Next time I'll use a yellow onion (I had a red one that needed to be used up). And I might try leaving out the garlic. I love garlic, but mine seemed to overpower the cream cheese taste that I really love. I was pressed for time and cooked this on high for 2 hours, then added the cream cheese and cooked 30 min more.