Recipe by Bec
This recipe was one of the 'usuals' at my house when I was little- Even so, we never got tired of it! It is a super easy recipe, and you can play around with it: For the soup, you can either use two cans of cream of mushroom, or one can each of cream of mushroom and cream of celery. For the chicken, you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts, or chicken legs. I truly hope you enjoy!
Top Review by amy.cleaveland
The chicken was wonderfully tender, but I didn't like the flavor of the onion soup (2 stars from me); my husband did enjoy it (4 stars from him). Also, I thought the dish was too creamy. Maybe I'll add more rice next time and flavor the chicken with just the salt and pepper.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (Or can cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of celery)
- 1 cup long grain rice (Not minute rice)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (chicken legs or other kinds work as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse off chicken pieces.
- Mix rice and cans of soup together.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk, if you wish.
- Place the chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the dry onion soup mix on top of the chicken, or just sprinkle salt and pepper as desired.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Remove foil for the last 10 minutes.