Recipe by Megohm
Just sorta came up with this tonight when I needed something fairly quick and healthy. It's creamy, but it only uses a touch of milk. Kind of like a skillet chicken stew. Guiltless comfort food, if you ask me. Either way, no complaints from my family! :D
Top Review by RatInHat
Let me be the first to say that this was FANTASTIC. It was a cool fall night, I was home alone, and I wanted some comfort food. This completely did the job. It reminded me of mom's home cookin', and it was totally easy and healthy. I also added some cubed potatoes, but that was just my preference. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium sized carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautée onions and carrots in oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and let it begin to brown.
- Add chicken stock, cover, turn heat to low and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Mix corn starch with milk to make slurry, then bring heat back up to medium on skillet, adding the slurry.
- Let thicken for 1-2 minutes, add peas and corn, and let cook another 2 minutes or so, salt and pepper to your liking.