Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe uses Homemade Gourmet Vevelty White Sauce Mix. For more recipes using Homemade Gourmet Mixes see Cookingfor7's public recipe book, "Homemade Gourmet Recipes".
- 6 tablespoons homemade gourmet velvety white sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth (can be made from granules)
- 1⁄2 cup water, reserved
- Cook onion in butter or margarine until it starts to brown.
- Add Velvety White Sauce Mix, then add broth.
- Whisk over medium-high heat until hot and thick adding water a bit at a time until desired consistency is reached.