1 hr 10 mins
A great way to use up leftover chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb new potato, very thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups white wine
- 7/8 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 14 ounces leftover cooked chicken
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 9 ounces spinach, wilted, excess liquid squeezed out and chopped
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan. Add the potatoes, onions and garlic and cook gently for 12-15 mins loosely covered until softened and pale golden.
- 2Increase the heat and pour in the wine and broth, bring to the boil then add the mustard. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 mins until reduced by two thirds.
- 3Heat the broiler to medium. Add the cooked chicken to the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes until piping hot. Stir in the cream and spinach and return to the boil. Season to taste.
- 4Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Sprinkle over the chicken and put under the broiler until golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Gratin (Leftover Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.2
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 162.1 mg
- Sodium 525.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 35.5 g