Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great way to use up leftover chicken.
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Gratin (Leftover Chicken) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb new potato, very thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 7⁄8 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 14 ounces leftover cooked chicken
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 9 ounces spinach, wilted, excess liquid squeezed out and chopped
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan. Add the potatoes, onions and garlic and cook gently for 12-15 mins loosely covered until softened and pale golden.
- Increase the heat and pour in the wine and broth, bring to the boil then add the mustard. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 mins until reduced by two thirds.
- Heat the broiler to medium. Add the cooked chicken to the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes until piping hot. Stir in the cream and spinach and return to the boil. Season to taste.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Sprinkle over the chicken and put under the broiler until golden.