Recipe by Lizzie Rodriquez
From most recent book. Haven't tried. Reduced fat cream cheese adds richness to this quick chicken soup. To save time, purchse chopped frozen spinach rather than whole leaves.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occassionally until the onion is softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add chicken, and spinach; stir for 1 minute. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Add broth, bring to a simmer, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.