Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty pasta dish for one from the Cooking for One cookbook.
- 75 g fettuccine
- 30 g butter
- 1 boneless chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 45 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 slice ham, chopped
- 90 ml double cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water in a saucepan, following packet directions.
- Drain set aside and keep warm Melt 15g butter in nonstick frying pan over med/high heat; add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked.
- Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- Melt remaining butter in pan over high heat, add mushrooms and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in ham and cream, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Return chicken to pan, stir in basil and black pepper to taste and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve spoon sauce over fettuccine.
- Serve with a tossed salad.
quick and easy. this turned out fab! i didnt have the ham so i left it out, and added 2 tbsp of parmasean to melt in the finished sauce. better than eating out!
My DH enjoyed and wants to have this again soon. I used unsalted butter and the pre-packaged ready to use sliced chicken breast. Next time I will try it without the ham.