Recipe by Chef Drtybrshs
A slightly spicy but creamy enchilada using common ingredients you can find in any grocery store.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (thighs ok too)
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jarmedium salsa or 1 (12 ounce) jarof medium salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 6 medium flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown chicken in skillet with oil.
- After chicken has a light brown color, add chopped onion, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 jar of salsa to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer on low-medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring and breaking up chicken as it cooks. Stir often.
- Add in spices while it is cooking.
- Preheat oven to 385.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or coat with a light coating of oil.
- Add 1/2 jar of alfredo sauce to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Add in sliced jalapenos and 1/2 the cilantro.
- Shredd the chicken with 2 forks.
- Spoon equal amounts of the chicken mixture into the 6 tortillas, rolling the tortillas and placing them open side down into the baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the alfredo sauce, the rest of the salsa, and 1/2 cup water.
- Pour that over the top of all of the enchillada rolls.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes, remove the tin foil and allow to brown in oven.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and sour cream.