Chef Drtybrshs's Note:
A slightly spicy but creamy enchilada using common ingredients you can find in any grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (thighs ok too)
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar medium salsa or 1 (12 ounce) jar of medium salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 1Lightly brown chicken in skillet with oil.
- 2After chicken has a light brown color, add chopped onion, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 jar of salsa to pan and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and let simmer on low-medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring and breaking up chicken as it cooks. Stir often.
- 4Add in spices while it is cooking.
- 5Preheat oven to 385.
- 6Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or coat with a light coating of oil.
- 7Add 1/2 jar of alfredo sauce to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- 8Add in sliced jalapenos and 1/2 the cilantro.
- 9Shredd the chicken with 2 forks.
- 10Spoon equal amounts of the chicken mixture into the 6 tortillas, rolling the tortillas and placing them open side down into the baking dish.
- 11In a bowl, mix the rest of the alfredo sauce, the rest of the salsa, and 1/2 cup water.
- 12Pour that over the top of all of the enchillada rolls.
- 13Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and cover with tin foil.
- 14Bake for 30 minutes.
- 15In the last 5 minutes, remove the tin foil and allow to brown in oven.
- 16Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas With Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 833.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: