Enjoy the dining out experience at home with this restaurant-inspired recipe
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Sour Cream or 1 cup KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- HEAT oven to 350°F
- MIX sour cream and salsa until well blended. Cook and stir onions and garlic in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, 1 cup sour cream mixture, chiles and ½ cup cheese .
- SPOON about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9–inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with remaining tomatillo sauce and cheese. Cover.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minute or until heated through.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a side of hot cooked rice to round out the meal.
- Special Extra: Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions just before serving.
- Variation: Prepare as directed, omitting the oil and substituting 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef for the chicken. Brown meat with onions and garlic; continue as directed.
- How to Shred Cooked Chicken: Place cooked chicken on cutting board. Use 2 forks or your fingers to pull meat lengthwise in opposite directions, separating it into long shreds.