Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite meals. It is creamy and delicious. The chopping can take a bit of time, but you can also use a food processor. This is such a versatile recipe, you can substitute and omit whatever you want from it, and it still works out.
- 2 chicken breasts or 2 cups leftover cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 can black olives, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 package flour tortilla
- Cook chicken, chop, and set aside Cook garlic, peppers, celery, and onion, put in large bowl with chicken.
- In seperate bowl mix soup, salsa, milk, olives to create sauce Add two thirds of this sauce and all sour cream to veggie and chicken mixture and add two thirds of the cheese.
- Place a couple spoonfuls of mixture into tortillas and roll up.
- Place in greased baking dish Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes on 350.
This was pretty good. Needs some major seasoning to make it perfect. Make sure to add your favorite seasonings to taste to the mixture. I used white corn tortillas and it worked great. Pan fry the tortillas for about 4 seconds per side in oil and drain them on a paper towel to soften them and make them easier to roll. Also, add more chicken to cut down on the sogginess. Once you do this, you will rate 5 stars.
I reduced the recipe by half and while very good I found it excessivly moist. The enchiladas were swimming in creamy sauce. So much that the tortillas were soggy. Maybe it was in the reduction of the amounts or the unspecified size of the flour tortillas. (I used 6 inch) Next time I will adjust to use less sauce, but otherwise the flavors are good and the recipe easy to make from pantry staples. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This was great! My family loved it and asked for it again not even a week later! We served it with additional salsa dolloped on top. I'm making a double recipe tomorrow and I'm going to freeze some for lunches! Thanks so much for sharing.