Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe in a 'Quick Cooking' and made a few adaptions to suit my tastes and make it a little less time consuming. It reminds me of a dish at a local Mexican restaurant (enchilada de monterray). Very yummy!
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I prefer colby and monteray jack blend, but whatever your preference is will work)
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- Mix together soup, green chilies, sour cream and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Put 1/3rd of this mixture in separate bowl.
- Add chicken to remaining 2/3rds.
- Place heaping spoonful of chicken and soup mixture on each tortilla shell and place seam side down in greased 9x13 pan.
- Top with remaining soup mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20, 25 minutes or until heated through.
Wonderful. Creamy, cheesy, easy, quick and tastes SO good. We loved this. I was a bit concerned that this might be too spicy for my mild son, but not at all. The cheese helps contol the spiceyness. We put some guacomole on the top to serve, side of chips and we were set. THANKS CBW!!!!
I've been making this many, many times since 2008 & just realized I never gave it a review. This is the best and so easy! Satisfies our craving for Mexican food. If there are any leftovers, I freeze in small portions for lunches. I use rotisserie chicken pulled from the bone.
I have made this recipe at least 5 times now, and it has completely obliterated my old recipe. I think if I went back to the old ways, there would be a revolt! Thanks so much! :)