Easy & delish alternative to the usual enchiladas.
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1⁄8 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 10 flour tortillas, warmed (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Place chicken breasts into saucepan. Fill with water until breasts are covered. Add in season salt. Bring to a slow boil. Cover, reduce heat & simmer 20 minutes. Set aside & shred once cooled.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soups, milk and remaining seasonings. Transfer 1/2 the mixture into another bowl; add chicken and cream cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of soup mixture into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over tops. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- TIP: Can freeze a casserole for up to 3 months! To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.