1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Aunt Sukki's Note:
Easy & delish alternative to the usual enchiladas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/8 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 10 flour tortillas, warmed (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1Place chicken breasts into saucepan. Fill with water until breasts are covered. Add in season salt. Bring to a slow boil. Cover, reduce heat & simmer 20 minutes. Set aside & shred once cooled.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soups, milk and remaining seasonings. Transfer 1/2 the mixture into another bowl; add chicken and cream cheese.
- 3Spread a thin layer of soup mixture into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 4Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- 5Pour remaining soup mixture over tops. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Bake uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 7TIP: Can freeze a casserole for up to 3 months! To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.2
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.0 mg
- Sodium 2318.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: