Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
My granddaughter, Lisa, brought 10 pans of these yummy chicken enchiladas to a wedding reception and they were the biggest hit of all the food. So many guests wanted the recipe, she sent it out with her's Christmas cards.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 20 (6 inch) flour tortillas, room temperature
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13-in.x 9-in, baking dishes. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350*F. for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Note: I"ve made this with her kids -- they loved it. The second time we made it we added Mexican style corn and white rice in with the chicken -- to me it was even better.