Recipe by newspapergal
An adaptation of what was on the Old El Paso green enchilada sauce can. Surprisingly good!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (Old El Paso)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400*.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add diced onion, then garlic.
- While onion is cooking, shred rotisserie chicken. Add chicken, green chilies and cream cheese to skillet. Stir well to combine as the cream cheese melts.
- Once cheese is melted, remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken filling in each tortilla, rolling it up and placing in a 9x13 pan, seam-side down. Once pan is filled with rolled enchiladas, pour enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.