Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cansdiced green chili peppers, drained
- 12 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 2⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
- fresh fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- thinly sliced green onion (optional)
- In a large saucepan, place chicken in enough water to cover; bring to boiling; decrease heat.
- Cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain well.
- When cool enough to handle, use fork to shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a big bowl, combine chicken, spinach, and 1/2 cup green onions; set aside.
- For the sauce, stir together sour cream, yogurt, flour, salt, and cumin; stir in milk and chile peppers; divide sauce in half.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For filling, combine one portion of the sauce and the chicken-spinach mixture (taste for seasoning and adjust); divide mixture into 12 portions.
- Place one portion of filling near the end of a tortilla; roll up into a spiral.
- Place filled tortilla, seam side down, in an ungreased 3-quart rectangle baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spoon remaining sauce over tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with salsa and additional green onions.