1 hr 10 mins
No "cream of" soups. Adapted from Taste of Home "One Pan Recipes" publication, 2010. Option for a make ahead as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans white chicken meat, drained and crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 84 inches flour tortillas (12 @ 7 inches each)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- fresh salsa, green onions, cilantro for garnish
- 1In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, and chopped green onions. Divide into 12 portions (eyeball or use a kitchen scale.) Set aside.
- 2For sauce, stir together sour cream, yogurt, flour, salt, cumin, milk, and chilis. Divide sauce in half. (Half will be for the top and half for the fillings.).
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For tortilla filling, combine 1 portion of chicken mixture and 1 portion of filling sauce near the edge of a tortilla. Roll up into a spiral and place tortilla, seam side down, in an ungreased 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and sauce.
- 4Spoon remaining sauce over tortillas. Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving with desired fixings/garnishes.
- 5To Make Ahead: Fill and roll up tortillas as directed. Cover and chill remaining sauce. Cover dish with plastic wrap and chill for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove plastic, spoon sauce over tortillas and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes, sprinkle with cheese, let stand, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 782.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g