Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is terrific!
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- Mix together soup, picante sauce, chili powder, sour cream and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Put 1 cup of this mixture in separate bowl.
- Add chicken to remaining mix.
- Place heaping spoonful of chicken and soup mixture on each tortilla shell, roll up and place seam side down in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with remaining soup mixture, tomatoes, green onions and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
This was quite good and very tasty! I added red pepper flakes to the sauce for some kick, mostly for my husband. I used low fat sour cream and soup, and still it was great. I served it on a bed of shredded lettuce, and my husband will be topping some eggs on the leftovers.
Awesome!!! I could not believe how easy and flavorful these were. We used hot picante sauce and hot chili powder because we like a little spice. I also added some green pepper and seasoning to the chicken (onion powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper). However, I don't know if it really made a difference because the sauce mixture is so flavorful! I also cut the fat using low fat sour cream and healthy request cream of chicken soup. This is a great week night meal that I will definitely add to my repertoire of enchilada recipes! Thanks bab!