Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very quick and yummy version of enchiladas. Serve with a side of rice. Note: I think I originally found this on Kraft.com and it also called for Cilantro. I have left this ingredient out as hubby & I Really did Not like it in this particular dish.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 -8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (i prefer black bean and corn salsa)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine chicken, 1 cup of shredded cheese mixture, and soup.
- Spoon mixture into center of each tortilla. Roll and place seam side down in a greased 13x9 inch glass pan.
- Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes.
This was good! I ended up using chopped breaded chicken fillets since that was the only chicken I had on hand and it turned out quite nice. I was out of salsa so I made my own using a canned diced tomatoes, garlic, red onion, lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper and taco seasoning. After they were done cooking I topped the enchiladas with lettuce, sour cream and extra salsa. I guess my only complaint is that I found the cream of chicken soup flavor a little strong... but I think that might just be me since a lot of the "top" enchilada recipes call for it. I did really enjoy these and I'm bumping up to 5 stars (4 for taste) due to how quick and easy they were to make.Thank you! Made for ZWT5.
This was a pretty tasty dish! It was easy and fast to prepare. I did add some chopped onions and it was great. I may try some other variations next time.