Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Taste of Home, submitted by Pat Coffee.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 20 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken. Place 1/4 cup down the center of each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13x9 baking dishes. Combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chiles; pour over the enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Fabulous!! My husband made for dinner tonight, the only changes we made was cutting recipe in half (there are only 2 of us) and using garlic powder in place of onion powder, as we did not have onion powder on hand. Next time will try adding diced onion to chicken mix as well. Yummy, yummy... thank you!
I substituted fat free greek yogurt for the cream cheese and sour cream, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. My entire family loved it. My daughter ate the leftovers for breakfast this morning. Easy, and definitely a keeper.
AWESOME!!! Wife and kids just loved it...I used a whole cooked chicken (not 5 cups) it made 8 large enchilada's. I followed the recipe excactly, but chopped up some lettuce, tomato and fresh cilantro to put on top. I also used Sour Cream on mine. Will definatly make again. Better than we have had in alot of restraunts.