Recipe by WorkingMom2three
This is a modified, lightened version of a recipe that I got from a friend. I cut out more than half the fat, but it is still really rich and yummy.
Top Review by KeeperAtHome
I really enjoyed this recipe. It is very flavorful, even using the lightened ingredients. I used 1lb. of 99% lean ground turkey in place of the chicken. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (7 ounce) can Old El Paso green chilies, chopped
- 10 wheat flour tortillas, 8-inch
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up chicken and onion in large chunks. Put chicken and onion in sauce pan, cover with water, and boil for 20 minutes.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, the can of chilies, and the cilantro.
- Drain the chicken and onion and put into a food processor and process until chunky/smooth. Combine with cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Combine the enchilada sauce and soup.
- Coat the bottom of a 9x11 baking dish with sauce/soup mixture.
- Fill a tortilla with approximately 1/2 cup of filling, roll up tortilla, and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat until baking dish is full - about 10 enchiladas.
- Cover the enchiladas with the remaining sauce/soup mixture. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- This can be made ahead and frozen.