Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- ONE: In a large skillet combine chicken, chicken broth, and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain well; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, use two forks to shred chicken into bite-size pieces. (You should have about 1-1/2 cups shredded chicken). Set aside.
- TWO: If using fresh spinach, place spinach in a steamer basket over boiling water. Reduce heat. Cover and steam for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. (Or, in a covered medium saucepan, cook fresh spinach in a small amount of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.) Drain well.
- THREE: For filling, in a large bowl combine shredded chicken and spinach; set aside. For sauce, in a medium bowl combine yogurt, flour, salt and cumin. Stir in milk and chili peppers. Stir half (about 1 cup) of the sauce into the chicken mixture; set remaining sauce aside.
- FOUR: Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the filling among the tortillas. Roll up tortillas. Place tortillas, seam side down, in prepared dish. Spoon remaining sauce atop tortillas.
- FIVE: Cover and bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until heated through (165°F). Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with salsa or chopped tomato and cilantro or green onions.