Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite Mexican dishes. I have modified the original recipe to make it a little lower in fat. Just try this I know you will love it.
- 1 rotisserie roasted deli chicken
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced green chilis
- 1 (8 ounce) package1/3 less reduced-fat cream cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- 4 cups of shredded mexican cheese
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat sour cream or 1 (8 ounce) container fat free sour cream
- Pull all of the meat from the chicken and tear into small pieces, discard the skin and as much fat as possible.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and then add the onion and cook until just done.
- Add can of chilis to the onion and cook 1 minute.
- Add Cream cheese to the onions and chilies and stir on low heat until the cheese just melts and remove from heat.
- Add the chicken to the mixture and toss well.
- Add 2Tbsp of the chicken mixture to each tortilla and roll it up and place it seem side down in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Once all the tortillas are placed in the dish sprinkle the Mexican cheese on top.
- Pour the 2% milk over the cheese (If making ahead of time don't pour the milk on until ready to bake).
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes in a 350 degrees oven. Bake time may vary so watch and when cheese is melted and bubbling the dish is done.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!