Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super easy and delicious recipe I got from our neighbor. I just added the peppers for texture and taste.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups tex-mex cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix chicken, soup, green pepper, 1/2 cup of the sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese and 3 tablespoons of the cilantro until well blended.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam sides down, in greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with the salsa and remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minute Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoons cilantro; top with the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream.
This was my first attempt to a Mexican dish aside from Taco's. It was easy to make and an instant favourite! I will not hesitate to make this recipe again!
"Those were the best enchiladas you've ever made!" Those words from my 12-year-old son after eating these for dinner tonight probably sum up this dish the best. They were outstanding. I made them exactly as stated except that I did saute the peppers in some olive oil just because my husband likes less crunchy vegetables in most recipes. I used a medium salsa so if you like yours less spicy, try the mild salsa. I actually got 10 tortillas out of this recipe. Great recipe, rocket! This was reviewed for PAC Fall 2006.