Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a co-worker a couple of years ago. It's delicious and it's much different than the enchiladas we were used to with red sauce out of the can.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water, from chicken
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can green chilies (diced)
- flour tortilla
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Boil Chicken- set aside.
- Mix cream of chicken and chicken broth.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Add 1/2-1c cheese to sauce.
- Cool a little then add 1 cup sour cream and 1 teaspoon coriander.
- Sautè onion and green chiles.
- Add chicken to onion and green chiles.
- Mix in 1 cup of sauce with chicken.
- Use the mixture with chicken for enchilada filling.
- The rest of the sauce will be to cover your enchiladas you will roll into a large casserole dish.
- Cover with the additional cup of monterey jack cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese melts.
These were great. However, the directions call for sour cream and it is not listed in the ingredients. I didn't add the coriander because I didn't have any. My daughter and I really enjoyed them and will definitely make again.
This was very good. I used cream of mushroom soup and my dh said "I really think cream of chicken would go better." - serves me right for straying from the recipe. I used fresh cilantro and really enjoyed these. Thank you!!