Recipe by weekend cook
This is an interesting twist to traditional chicken enchiladas! One of my family's favorite recipes! You can make this as mild or hot as you like by adjusting the amount of jalapenos you use. I have tried this with canned chicken to speed up the prep time, but didn't like it near as much.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 -6 chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet cook 1/4 cup pecans and onions in butter until the onions are tender and the pecans are lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, 1 Tbs milk, salt and cumin. Add the nut mixture and chicken and stir until combined.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla near one edge and roll up.
- Place filled tortillas, seam down, in a greased 12x7 1/2x2 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl combine chicken soup, sour cream, 1 cup milk and the jalapenos. Pour the soup mixture evenly over tortillas in dish.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350F oven for about 35 minutes or until well heated.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with monterey jack cheese and 2 tbsp pecans.
- Return to oven for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.