I modified another recipe to come up with this one. Note: Diced onion can be subbed for onion powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1Spray a large pot with cooking spray. Cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- 2Pour in the water & broth. Add all the spices along with the carrot & celery, stir. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- 3Mix the ingredients together for the dumplings. Using a small spoon scoop small amounts of the dough into the simmering broth.
- 4Gently stir after all the dough has been placed into the pot. Cover with a lid & continue to simmer for 15.
- 5Uncover, pour the cream into the soup, gentle stir. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes then serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken & Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 1333.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: