Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I modified another recipe to come up with this one. Note: Diced onion can be subbed for onion powder.
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray. Cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- Pour in the water & broth. Add all the spices along with the carrot & celery, stir. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- Mix the ingredients together for the dumplings. Using a small spoon scoop small amounts of the dough into the simmering broth.
- Gently stir after all the dough has been placed into the pot. Cover with a lid & continue to simmer for 15.
- Uncover, pour the cream into the soup, gentle stir. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes then serve.