- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1in cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 large chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray then heat on medium. Add the chicken & sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, roughly 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the water into a large pot then add the bouillon, butter & spices. Add in the cooked chicken & 3 tbsp of the can milk to the broth then simmer over medium-low heat.
- Mix the Bisquick, rest of the can milk, & spices together until it forms a sticky dough. (You may need to add a 1 or 2 tbsp of water to make it the right consistency).
- Turn the heat up slightly then using a small spoon drop small amounts of dough into the soup to form dumplings. Continue to drop in dough, stirring occasionally, until it is all gone.
- Turn the heat back done to low & simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.