1 hr 20 mins
Chef ~Eileen~'s Note:
Almost like homemade. When you are in a hurry and want a fast dinner, just throw everything together and it comes out really moist and creamy and taste great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix (I use Pepperidge Farm)
- 20 ounces cream of celery soup (or 1 Celery & 1 Cream of Chicken Soup)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (optional)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (to taste) or 1 tablespoon sage (to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1Boil chicken with chopped onion and the bouillon cubes until tender.
- 2Save the broth!
- 3When done, remove chicken and shred or cut into bite size pieces.
- 4Put into a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- 5Add the 2 cans of celery soup and milk to chicken and stir all together until mixed well.
- 6Add half of the cornbread stuffing, poultry seasoning, salt & pepper to the chicken mixture adding some of the reserved broth stirring until well mixed and very creaming.
- 7Add the remaining cornbread stuffing and more broth as needed, mixing till well combined and very moist (you want it to be almost soupy).
- 8Top with butter or margarine.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until lightly brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken & Dressing Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 955.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 11.7 g