Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very good on crackers or spread on thick bread and popped in oven until hot. Don't recall where I got this recipe. Think this was intended to be a filling but was much better as a dip. One of my AOL screen names is RecipePackrat-I have thousands of recipes scribbled on 3x5 cards that I obtained from friends or copied from magazines, newspapers, books, etc.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (I use 1/2 tsp Wyler's chicken granules in 4 oz warm water)
- Cook chopped onion in butter or margarine over med heat until soft (4-5 min) Stir in remaining ingredients and cook stirring constantly until heated through and cream cheese is totally melted (3-4 min).