Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some leftover shredded roast chicken to use & felt like making a curry pie. This is what I came up with from ingredients that were in my pantry & freezer.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (70 g) packetdry cream of chicken soup mix
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 -3 sheets puff pastry
- Saute onion & garlic until tender.
- Add frozen vegetables & saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add water remaining ingredients & simmer until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened, allow to cool.
- Line a 20cm pie plate with 1 sheet pastry(or individual tins if you wish).
- Spoon filling mixture into pie base & place remaining pastry sheet on top. Pinch edges together or press down with a fork.
- Brush with a little egg or milk (optional) & bake at 180.C until pastry is cooked & golden, approx 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a nice side salad & chunky fries.
Easy, tasty, inexpensive, and very little clean up. Rather than buy a bag of mixed veggies, I used what was already open in my freezer (2/3 cup cauliflower and 1/3 cup each spinach, green beans, corn, and squash). I couldn't find any dry cream of chicken, so I used a can of cream of chicken with herbs instead (left out the water and cut the milk back to 1 cup to accomodate). It turned out great and I'll definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing. (Only suggestion is that the pie pastry should be added to the ingredient list.)
Good meal but not quite enough spice. Perhaps because I eat very spicy food. I used fresh vegetables, steamed, since I use organic. Perhaps a pinch of red pepper flakes, or maybe just adding red bell peppers would have made it more to my taste.Don't get me wrong. I'm sure others would love it. I would just neeed to adjust a few things to make it more suitable to my taste. I made this last week because curry is one of my favourite ingredient, along with garlic of course.