Recipe by **Mandy**
I had some leftover shredded roast chicken to use & felt like making a curry pie. This is what I came up with from ingredients that were in my pantry & freezer.
Top Review by littleturtle
Easy, tasty, inexpensive, and very little clean up. Rather than buy a bag of mixed veggies, I used what was already open in my freezer (2/3 cup cauliflower and 1/3 cup each spinach, green beans, corn, and squash). I couldn't find any dry cream of chicken, so I used a can of cream of chicken with herbs instead (left out the water and cut the milk back to 1 cup to accomodate). It turned out great and I'll definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing. (Only suggestion is that the pie pastry should be added to the ingredient list.)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (70 g) packetdry cream of chicken soup mix
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 -3 sheets puff pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion & garlic until tender.
- Add frozen vegetables & saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add water remaining ingredients & simmer until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened, allow to cool.
- Line a 20cm pie plate with 1 sheet pastry(or individual tins if you wish).
- Spoon filling mixture into pie base & place remaining pastry sheet on top. Pinch edges together or press down with a fork.
- Brush with a little egg or milk (optional) & bake at 180.C until pastry is cooked & golden, approx 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a nice side salad & chunky fries.