Recipe by Janette1
I found this recipe in the new Slimming World Curry Collection cookery leaflet but adapted it to Kosher cooking using a soya yogurt. The family lapped it up and you can prepare it before work and leave it in the fridge then add the ingredients for a quick and tasty supper. Serve with rice or jacket potatoes.
Top Review by mianbao
This is good - I did substitute regular yogurt for the soy yogurt. My main problem with this is that everything is boiled, not sauteed. I can understand the reason for using no oil, but to me it seems detract from the finished curry. JMO Thank you for an interesting idea. It is a very quick and easy curry.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 250 g soy yogurt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 onions
- 3⁄4 pint chicken stock
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken and place in a bowl.
- Peel and crush the garlic, mix with the soya yogurt and turmeric and pour over the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- Peel and slice the onions and place in a pan with the stock. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover and cook gently for 20 minutes until the onions are tender and golden.
- Finely chop ginger and crush coriander seeds. Add all the spices to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the chicken and soya yogurt marinade. Cover and simmer very gently over a low heat for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with freshly chopped coriander.