1/2 Photos of Creamy Chicken & Cranberry-Pecan Wild Rice
Recipe as published in Kraft Food & Family magazine. As these are many of our favorite flavors I thought I would post this. This is a very pretty presentation as well and would be great to serve to company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 6 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend, side dish prepared as directed on package
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 6 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1Mix flour, thyme and pepper; coat chicken with flour mixture. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken to skillet, cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until cook through (165 degree).
- 2Stir cranberries, pecans and 1/3 cup of the onions into cooked rice; spoon onto serving platter. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet. Place chicken over rice mixture; cover to keep warm.
- 3Add broth to skillet; stir to break up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add cream cheese; cook 2-3 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and sauce starts to thicken, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- 4Spoon some of the sauce over each chicken piece and and garnish with reserved onions.
- 5Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken & Cranberry-Pecan Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 230.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth