Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Creamy, cheesy comfort food just the way I like it. Not a hot, spicy dish but well seasoned.
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, undrained
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 4 ounces packages processed cheese with jalapeno peppers, cubed
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the chicken, corn, potato soup, chile peppers, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, stir about 1 cup of hot soup into the sour cream.
- Add sour cream mixture back into the slow cooker.
- Add in Velveeta cheese cubes; stir to combine.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk to combine.
This was a very interesting recipe. It was very tex-mex too. I really did enjoy, but most of all my boyfriend did too. Thank you for posting, I hope more people try this!
This is a great soup, it has been very popular every time I've made it. Has a bit of a kick, nice flavor!
Very tasty soup. Cooking with my crock-pot lets me get a home-cooked meal on the table so we don't have to order take-out all the time since I work until 6pm almost every night. This soup was sure creamy in texture and flavor and also have good tex-mex seasoning. Had some toasted tortilla chips to go with it. A very nice meal. Thanks.