Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Creamy, cheesy comfort food just the way I like it. Not a hot, spicy dish but well seasoned.
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, undrained
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 4 ounces packages processed cheese with jalapeno peppers, cubed
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the chicken, corn, potato soup, chile peppers, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, stir about 1 cup of hot soup into the sour cream.
- Add sour cream mixture back into the slow cooker.
- Add in Velveeta cheese cubes; stir to combine.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk to combine.