1 hr 20 mins
I found this one in a Good Taste magazine and wanted to give the magazine to a friend so I have entered it into my recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (500 g) shelf-life potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g bacon, rashers coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, ends trimmed, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cooked roasting chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 200 g green beans, topped, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 200 g Baby Spinach, leave
- 60 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 750 ml milk
- 40 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 80 g coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to serve
- 1Preheat the over to 180c.
- 2Cook the gnocchi following the packet instructions or until tender.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the bacon and leek and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- 6Add the chicken, beans and spinach and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until spinach just wilts.
- 7Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming.
- 8Add flour and cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until the mixture bubbles.
- 9Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- 10Cook over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 11Stir in Parmesan.
- 12Add the bacon mixture and Parmesan mixture to the gnocchi and stir until combined.
- 13Spoon the gnocchi mixture into a shallow 3L (12 cup) capacity ovenproof dish.
- 14Sprinkle over the cheddar.
- 15Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheddar melts and is golden.
- 16Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
- 17I am going to serve with crusty bread and a nice salad.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken & Cheese Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.2
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 533.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: