Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this one in a Good Taste magazine and wanted to give the magazine to a friend so I have entered it into my recipes.
- 2 (500 g) shelf-life potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g bacon, rashers coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, ends trimmed, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cooked roasting chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 200 g green beans, topped, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 200 g Baby Spinach, leave
- 60 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 750 ml milk
- 40 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 80 g coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to serve
- Preheat the over to 180c.
- Cook the gnocchi following the packet instructions or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and leek and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- Add the chicken, beans and spinach and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until spinach just wilts.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming.
- Add flour and cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until the mixture bubbles.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan.
- Add the bacon mixture and Parmesan mixture to the gnocchi and stir until combined.
- Spoon the gnocchi mixture into a shallow 3L (12 cup) capacity ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the cheddar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheddar melts and is golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
- I am going to serve with crusty bread and a nice salad.
I made half a recipe and it was great. I had to use white onion for the leek but the rest as written. DH really liked this recipe as he ate almost the whole recipe.
Excellent! I only wish I had a rashers to make this properly- had to use streaky bacon, as that's all we have where I live in the US. Otherwise, fantastic!
A new family favorite!!! DH doesn't like green beans so I doubled the spinach. WE INHALED this. Absolute comfort food. Made for the Aussie Swap.