Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Makes 8-9 chimichangas,I usually serve one per plate with other sides,such as refried beans,corncake,mexican salad and of course flan for dessert......My DH and I really like this dish,it is sure to be a crowd pleaser...
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced and sauted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced and saute
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 10 3⁄4 cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 -9 flour tortillas
- Place 1lb. or approx.4 large chicken breast in broth to cook till fork tender.
- Drain,but reserve 1 cup broth.
- When cool to handle,cut into 1/4"-1/2" diced pieces.
- Add first 8 ingredients to pot and cook to melt cheese and well blended.
- Heat tortillas.Preheat oven 400.
- Place 1/3 cup filling on each and roll ends and sides,to make a rectangle.
- Seams down in pam sprayed 13x9 baking dish.
- Brush tops with olive oil or spray with pam also.
- Bake 25 minutes till browned and crisped.
- In saucepan,pour reserved broth.
- 1/4 cup flour,1tsp chicken bouilion,and 1 1/2 tsp cumin whisk,till blended.
- Add 1/2 cup milk whisking till smooth and thickened. Add 4oz can diced green chiles.Pour spoonfuls of sauce over chimichanga when ready to serve.I added cooking chicken and sauce to prep time.Sauce should resemble in thickness of a gravy.