- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon non-fat powdered milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, Sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 3 cups rice, Cooked
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cubed, cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine flour and powdered milk.
- Slowly add skim milk, stirring to blend.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add salt, pepper, marjoram and thyme, set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over low heat, cook celery and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon broth until tender.
- Stir in rice, 1 cup broth, chicken and sauce.
- Pour into a shallow casserole.
- Sprinkle with parsley (and almonds).
- Bake, covered 35 minutes; remove lid and bake about 10 minutes longer or until bubbling.
- Serve immediately.