I got this recipe from a girl I worked with after complaining to her that there aren't many recipes for "comfort food" that you have time to make after working all day. She showed me how wrong I was! Everyone that has tasted this has liked it. Enjoy!
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces,seasoned to taste with salt, pepper garlic powder, stir-fried in small am)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetables, of choice (we like peas)
- 1 roll Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 can grands refrigerated biscuit (buttermilk or Southern style are good)
- Melt margarine in large frypan, stir in crushed Ritz until coated.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, mushrooms and peas.
- Pour into greased 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle crumbs over top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve over biscuits.
- (hot noodles or rice are good too).
We have made this a regular in our home. It is so easy to make and tastes so good. I tried putting it in a double pie shell once and it was the best chicken pot pie we ever ate. I added some diced potatoes when I did that and it was awesome. Also...we use French's crispy onion bits for the topping instead of the crackers. I line the bottom of the dish with them also for some extra crunch.
Made this last nite for dinner. Made it strictly by the receipe. While it was very good we just thought maybe it was missing just a little something. Next time I may try adding a few shallots or some more seasoning. Will definitely try again though!!
Wow, super fast and so good. I have made this with chicken and tuna and both turned out great! For the veggies I used peas and carrots for both and it was delicious!