Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From TOH Simple & Delicious mag July/Aug 2009. This makes 2 casseroles. One for now and one to freeze. Each casserole serves 5.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 8 inch square baking dishes. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake remaining casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice.
This is most definitely a 5 star recipe! My daughter said it is just like chicken soup without the broth and more flavor! :) I used fresh carrots that I chopped & micro cooked to make them precooked but not overly soft, frozen peas and then added some frozen corn too just for fun. For the cream of chicken soup I used one with herbs that just took the flavors up a notch. Just a great dish. Made in a 9x13 pan so I have two meals for our family! Thanks HK for sharing a keeper! Made during the One Dish Wonders Casserole event in the Photo Forum.