Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This was one of my favorite meals growing up and it's still a huge hit whenever I make it. It is very good and very easy to make. I like to serve it on Sunday evenings with green beans and salad. Enjoy!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups herb stuffing mix
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken breasts in water for 25 minutes.
- Let chicken sit until cool and shred chicken.
- Combine shredded chicken, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup and spread evenly into a casserole dish.
- Combine melted butter and stuffing mix in a bowl to soften the stuffing.
- Pour stuffing mix over chicken mixture and spread evenly.
- Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove Aluminum foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
I made this for dinner tonight (to feed 4 adults). I poached the B/S breast in chicken broth, rather than water. It was tasty, but I had a few issues with the recipe. I had to use 8 TBLS melted butter (4 would not have softened the stuffing cubes enough). Secondly, it did not specify the dish size. I ended up using a 9x13 baking dish. It worked well enough. The flavor could use something to give it a boost (not sure what). I may try this again and add my own personal touches. Thanks for posting. (Made for PAC 2014)
When I first tasted this before putting in the oven it was very bland. I used 3 chicken breasts and boiled them in chicken broth and garlic. I added cheddar cheese and pepper to the mix and then added some 2% milk to thin it out some. I only used 2 cups of the herb stuffing mix (had an 8x8 in casserole dish that I used) and the 4 tsp of butter and cooked that until the stuffing was soft. All in all a nice recipe. Thanks Made for PAC Spring 2014
I liked the idea of this, but I wanted to lower the calories/fat and I used Fat Free Sour cream, and a teaspoon of Dijon mustard for more taste. I also cheated with the 5 or less ingredients by adding, onions, celery, yellow peppers, Frozen veggie mix, and frozen Cauliflower and Broccoli. The recipe is almost like a blank slate there are so many possibilities with this this, I think I will use this base for many meals to come.