Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good dish. I think it needs more crackers, but keep the butter amount the same. It went fast and needs some side dishes with it. My husband loved it!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttery crackers, crushed (40 crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine first 4 ingredients;.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Combine crushed crackers and butter, and sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes.
I used less sour cream for this than the recipe called for because I'm not that much of a sour cream fan, and I didnt have any poppy seeds so i left thoes out. Between the first layer and the crackers that go on top, I added some cheese which was really good. I probably used about 2 cups of crushed crackers. This was a really fast dinner to make, and it tasted okay but it wasnt anything that I would make again. It was too much food for the 2 of us, and you really cant heat it up later because the crackers get soggy.